There's Something Fishy Going On!

Served with a generous helping of cheese, corn, and other good stuff.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ahhh...an update.

Lately life has gotten more simple and complicated all at the same time, sorry if I've been out of touch. To utilize this break between midterms and assignments/papers/presentations I have now, here’s some randomness...about...stuff:

1) Accounting, what a bittersweet relationship we have. I remember going in for an interview at IKEA during the summer of first year and the manager asked what I wanted to do after university. I told her I was interested in accounting...but then after taking some 2nd yr courses I decided against it. Three finance co-op work terms later I’m back at square one and am no longer shopping for academic direction. (Shopping and square one in the same sentence? It’s not a coincidence my friends.) So for the next few years I’ll be working towards adding 3 letters after my name. PBC. Professional bean-counter.

2) Parents are back!

3) I spent a whole day in court 2 weeks ago (as a witness to an accident involving a drunk driver) and got to chat with a myriad of people:

  • another witness (the guy who rolled down his window while driving by to yell at the driver who almost got him killed on the 401) who used to work in middle management but hated his job, so his wife sent in a job application to the TTC as a joke and now he works as a bus driver making $60k a year with no fear of ever losing his job because they’re unionized.
  • the cops who arrested the driver and their beef with the judicial system (did you know that judges start their day at 10am, take 20 minute morning breaks at 11:30, lunch at 1pm for an hour and a half, and go home at 4pm?)
  • the toxicologist hired by the crown to prove the guy was drunk (tests showed the guy had about 10 drinks in 4 hours before driving)
  • the defense lawyer who grilled me like his name was George Foreman.

4) CCSA Softball...I think it’s happening this summer but not with ET’s Illuminate, which was a bit sad to fathom at first but everything should be fine now. I just want to hit some and catch some!

5) Warm weather makes me happy. But windy weather makes the house unhappy. The window just fell out and now Gretal (our house in Loo) has a giant hole in the wall at the end of the hallway.

6) Postcard from Thailand/Singapore also makes me happy. Thanks Kim : )

7) Housing for the next 12 months...is anyone looking for a May to May lease? Two minute walk to Laurier, $400 + util, LMK.

8) Not using eBay for Lent is turning out to be pretty challenging...However I’ve been able to sneak in more catnaps.

9) Jamie Cullum concert’s coming up next Tuesday, woooooot!

10) New glasses. My sister said they’re still fobby, but more sophistimacated.

Okay that’s enough about me for now. Here’s to not letting school/work/life get the best of us *clink* Keep trekking cool cats : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home