It's another post about driving!
I was on the 401 heading back to Loo this afternoon and the weather was pretty poor...on and off rain, and when it was raining, it was POURING (totally negating my carwash on Friday). So I'm going a wee bit faster than I needed to in the passing lane when out of nowhere this zippy little beemer started tailgating me. And following the unwritten rules of the road the car in front of me and I both got out of his (I took a look at the driver as he passed me) way, and he even went partly on the shoulder to go around us.
Fast forward to 2 mins later...the wipers were going at full speed but visibility was still pretty poor. I was back in the passing lane and from a distance I saw the aforementioned series 6 coupe braking and slowing to the left. Hrmm, how odd, I thought. And by the time I finished that thought, I saw why he did that...right in front of me was a huge chunk of tire debris that previously blew off and had obviously been hit by the car. And by the time I instinctively braked and swerved to avoid the tire and the beemer (after scanning my blindspot), he was already in my rearview mirror. Oh and it did -not- look pretty. The car's front bumper had pieces of tire on (in?) it, and its hood was crumpled.
So I learned my lesson at his expense.
Don't speed when you can barely see through the windshield.
Captain Obvious strikes again!
I was on the 401 heading back to Loo this afternoon and the weather was pretty poor...on and off rain, and when it was raining, it was POURING (totally negating my carwash on Friday). So I'm going a wee bit faster than I needed to in the passing lane when out of nowhere this zippy little beemer started tailgating me. And following the unwritten rules of the road the car in front of me and I both got out of his (I took a look at the driver as he passed me) way, and he even went partly on the shoulder to go around us.
Fast forward to 2 mins later...the wipers were going at full speed but visibility was still pretty poor. I was back in the passing lane and from a distance I saw the aforementioned series 6 coupe braking and slowing to the left. Hrmm, how odd, I thought. And by the time I finished that thought, I saw why he did that...right in front of me was a huge chunk of tire debris that previously blew off and had obviously been hit by the car. And by the time I instinctively braked and swerved to avoid the tire and the beemer (after scanning my blindspot), he was already in my rearview mirror. Oh and it did -not- look pretty. The car's front bumper had pieces of tire on (in?) it, and its hood was crumpled.
So I learned my lesson at his expense.
Don't speed when you can barely see through the windshield.
Captain Obvious strikes again!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home