There's Something Fishy Going On!

Served with a generous helping of cheese, corn, and other good stuff.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Sometimes I think about what I would've studied after high school if not business at Laurier. Climatology was one of those things...the weather fascinates me, and to have the power to foresee severe weather or days of sunshine would just be awesome, and I'd be the next younger Asian version of Susan Hay on the telly. But for now I'll make do with diagrams in the newspaper.

Barring the odd day of flurries and chilliness, I'd say that spring is definitely on its way. No more icy snowstorms and ridiculous wind chill; there are skinny robins out and about waiting to fatten up to their wormy glories. Buds are appearing on tree branches* and I actually saw a rabbit frolicking the other day (albeit across 6 lanes of live traffic).

Not to say winter is bad, no don't get me wrong. I love the cleanliness that is a snow covered landscape and the rest that nature takes before bursting into a flurry of activities. Winter also fosters that warm fuzzy feeling of hot chocolate or soup beside the fireplace, not to mention fun times like tobogganing and snowboarding.

But there is change in the air as the earth is wonderfully designed to rotate just a little closer to the sun. It’s a change of season and in so many ways too.

*my brother told me a joke today:
-what’s brown and sticky?
-what?
.
.
.
-a stick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home